SEO for beginners is intended for those who would love to have more website traffic.
What is SEO?
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is an important part of internet marketing. SEO’s main goal is to position your webpage to a higher spot in a search engine, such as Google. In other words, it helps search engines find your websites more easily when users search for them.
Why is SEO important?
Without SEO optimization, your website is almost non-existent to a search engine. Many people won’t visit your site, and you won’t have very much readership!
EXAMPLE: You have just started a beauty blog and reviewed a face cream. A potential buyer wants to inform themselves about it, and enters “Face Cream” into the search engine. Your review is only visible on the third page of the search engine. The First two pages will contain at least 10 reviews that the reader will open before yours.
The goal is to be on the first page (if not the first place) of the search engine, increase the number of visits, and to get the opportunity to present to and keep your audience. You can do it all with SEO!
How do I optimize a website?
For this article, we’ll focus on blog post optimization! If you’d like to read about other optimizations, leave us a comment!
- Permalinks – The URL or link to your post is an important factor for readership. When you write a post title, a permanent link is automatically updated under the same title, but this may not be the best search term. EXAMPLE: You have written a post called “8 Steps to the visibility and timeliness of a blog” and its automatic URL is: … / 8-steps-to-the-visibility-and-timeliness-of-blog.html. Ask yourself. What is the possibility that someone will enter exactly “8 steps to the visibility and timeliness of a blog”? Change the name of the URL to what you would type in the search engine to look for such a post, like “How to write a quick and easy blog” or “Blog tips”.
- Writing quality – Don’t forget: Your content is what keeps readers. An irrelevant site cannot be saved, even by the best SEO. Posts must have quality, and must be grammatically correct. For SEO, it’s important how long an article is. The more words you write, the more the search engine values your post. Each post should have a minimum of 300 words. Also, publish posts regularly!
- Keywords – Each blog post has different keywords. For this one, it is “SEO for beginners”. These words should be in the name of the post, the URL, the first and last paragraph of the post, in the text throughout the post, and the names of images you show. As long as they don’t disrupt the flow of the article, put them in!
- Backlinks – If the post you are currently writing is related to another post you’ve already written, link it! Always link your content to other posts and pages on your blog!
- Images – The names of your photos should not be IMG2437 (or worse 1.jpg, 2.jpg, etc…). Many people search based on photos (I am one of them). If you give the photo a valid name, it will be published on the search engine when a search is made.If you follow these steps, you should see the difference in your site traffic within a few months!
NANOS – Honest Marketing