Digital Marketing is not rocket science, but there are a few things you should know before launching your first campaign with Nanos!
Ad guidelines for Google, Facebook, and Instagram
What you can’t advertise with Nanos:
- A YouTube link
- If you plan to advertise a video as an ad itself – it can only be posted on Facebook or Instagram, but not on YouTube directly.
- A personal Facebook profile
- Additionally, a Facebook Business page can’t be advertised on the Google platform.
- Websites that require a log-in to show its content
- Websites with a malicious redirect
- COVID-related topics
- Those will probably be rejected.
- Medical topics
- You are required to be authorized to run those ads.
- Political ads
- You will need to provide special documentation to run those ads.
- “Before and after” ads
- Those will probably be rejected (especially on Facebook). If you plan to run one of these, it’s best to contact us before submitting your campaign.
- Ads with unrealistic promises
- E.g., “Click here and become rich in 30 days” or similar.
What we recommend you have prior to the start (optional):
- A well-written and fast-loading website or a landing page. If you don’t have one, create a free landing page with our tool Huubsh.com by going to the Huusbh tab on the left side of your screen.
- Facebook Pixel integrated. For improved tracking of your Facebook ad performance and future re-targeting of your prospective customers. If not set up, Facebook can’t optimize your traffic for you either. If you need help to set it up, please reach out to us.
- Google Analytics integrated. To get insights about your website, traffic, and audience.
- A Facebook Business page for publishing your ads on Facebook. It gives you more credibility when reaching out to new customers. If you don’t have one, we will publish your ad from Nanos’ Facebook Business page.
Please have these ready before you start your first campaign with Nanos:
- The images (jpeg, png) or videos (mp4) you want to use in your ads.
- Text descriptions for your ad (Nanos’ AI engine will also provide suggestions if needed).
- A clear goal in mind, i.e. what would you like to achieve with your campaign. If you’re not sure, please book a free consulting call with us.
Choosing Platforms to Advertise On
Based on the nature of your product, Nanos will suggest the best platforms for your campaign and which platforms to advertise on. If it’s your first campaign with Nanos and you’ve selected all platforms to advertise on, we start with equal budgets on all platforms.
We will immediately start optimizing your campaign based on historical data we have in our system. From day two – based on specifics of your business and your campaign. You can track your campaign’s results to see how our machine learning is performing on the Nanos dashboard through your phone, tablet, and desktop.
Nanos’ AI advertising technology will automatically adjust your ad spend for each of your chosen platforms, thereby optimizing your campaign and giving you the best possible results.
How to Make Sure Your Ad is Performing Well
Website or Landing Page
Your website or landing page is a crucial element to your ad campaign’s success and should always be correctly optimized. Although your landing page can contain a combination of text and images, consider adding a video to increase landing page conversions.
Here are a few more helpful landing page tips:
- Avoid stock images. Try to use original images of your company, products, or services, and avoid stock images where possible.
- Long, confusing text. Try to keep your written content interesting, to-the-point, and properly formatted. Potential customers don’t want to read pages full of information, but rather get the information they are looking for by glancing at your page swiftly.
- Relevancy. Your landing page or website should be relevant to your ad. If the context of the website is far from the text of the ad, it will discourage people from taking any action.
- Have a clear call to action (CTA). Make sure you have a clear CTA (e.g. book a demo, get a quote, download a pdf, call us).
- Navigation issues. Your website or landing page should be simple and easy to navigate. You don’t want potential customers clicking away immediately because they can’t find the information they are looking for.
- Avoid too many popups. A popup can be a great marketing tool, but be careful not to overuse them. Don’t use more than one popup on your landing page.
- Lack of transparency. Your landing page should give clear, concise information about your company, benefits, and pricing, right from the start.
When you plan your ad campaign, always try to understand your audience’s pain point(s). Create a message that will attract their attention and provide a solution to their needs.
- Always add value. Highlight your value proposition to attract the attention of your specific target audience.
- Focus audience. Start with a broader audience (ages, genders, interests). Over time you can narrow down your target audience based on the performance of your campaigns – with specific requirements or interests.
- Be specific. Targeting too many cities or countries will mean you won’t have enough data to make assumptions about your target audience. It’s better to focus on targeting just one country or city for each ad campaign.
There are many ways you can optimize your ads for each campaign you are running with Nanos. By changing your ads or running a few different versions of an ad, you will quickly be able to test the results and see what works best for your audience.
Here’s how you can improve the content of your ad(s).
- The campaign is too short. It takes a few days for Nanos’ AI technology to perfectly optimize your campaign, so it’s recommended that you run your ads for at least two weeks.
- Optimize your budget. If you have a small budget, focus on one advertising platform.
- Review your headline. Your headline may not be catchy enough, which means you won’t attract potential customers’ attention. Your headline should be appealing, inviting, and reflect exactly what you are offering.
- Your ad description. Your ad’s description should be clear and relevant to your website.
- Suitable image/video. Visuals are always a benefit to any ad, but it has to be suitable.
- The wrong call to action. When you create an ad, make sure you have the correct call to action to encourage potential customers to take this action.
- Wrong platform. Revisit the ad platforms you selected – is it the right choice for your ad campaign? For example, a service-based business would benefit more from advertising on Google than on Instagram.
- Wrong country/city. Make sure you’ve chosen the correct geographical location for your ad campaign.
- A relevant landing page. Your ad may be good, but you also need to make sure that your website or landing page is relevant to your ad and provides the correct information.
Your ad’s performance depends on several factors, so it’s always a good idea to review the basic guidelines to make sure you’ve optimized your campaign for the best results. The right ad creative, combined with Nanos’ AI advertising technology, will allow you to run highly successful campaigns across many platforms – including Google, Instagram, and Facebook.
If you want to see how Nanos can help you advertise online, contact us to schedule a consultation and start your ad campaign today.