Table of Contents
3 Tips to improve digital marketing ROI
With the increasing amount of competitiveness across all social media platforms, it is tough for businesses to get what we could regard as a ‘good’ return on investment (ROI). Despite the cost, digital marketing and online advertising are here to stay for the long run. Considering there are over 4.5 billion people active online today, it’s hard not to wonder how to improve the digital marketing ROI for your business.
Just as it would be done with traditional marketing, measuring the ROI is an important way to determine what’s successful and what is failing or needs further attention. Without the analytics, pouring money into any ad campaign would only keep bringing about mediocre results. This is why at Nanos, we are looking for anything but mediocre when it comes to your business’ advertising needs.
Jumping straight into it, the next time you’re developing a digital marketing campaign for your business or the company you work for, take these tips to improve ROI into consideration:
1. Cater to your audience through quality content
There’s no surprise that when using any social media platform or search engine, there is a bombardment of advertisements. While the method of advertising has shifted significantly from print to online, the creativity factor remains the same. Ever watched Mad Men? Ad agencies seem ruthless and believe us, they still are. Capturing the attention of users who have such a short attention span online is even more of a challenge than ever before.
When creating content for your next digital marketing campaign, ask these questions:
- Is the content user-centric? Is there any form of connection with the users being established? If not, how can it be improved to seem more engaging?
- Are influencers being used to engage with the target audience? Celebrities are great, but more and more, we’re seeing that people connect on a better level online with those who have ‘influencer’ status. This is because those people aren’t superstars and neither are they on TV or in movies, but are extremely relatable, thus, believable.
- Does your content provide value? Or is it just straight to the point, all about buying a product or paying for a service? Value is key in a quality campaign and is sure to improve digital marketing ROI.
2. What goals have you set for your digital marketing campaign?
This is probably one of the biggest mistakes we see when determining ways to help businesses improve their ROI. Not having specific goals in mind or on paper.
The age-old concept of applying the use of “SMART” goals is even more applicable to today’s world. Your goals should be – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound. Without your campaign having a breakdown in the “SMART” way, there are bound to be results which are confusing and may result in a feeling of loss.
Not every campaign will give you the same ROI and not every campaign should be expected to give the same result. Each medium used for advertising is also very different in the associated costs. A/B testing is big in the marketing world for a reason. Keep experimenting, keep testing and never forget to have specific and realistic goals in mind with the idea of compounding success from past results.
3. Use the power of AI to your ROI’s advantage
Artificial intelligence (AI) is transforming everything as we know it. Digital marketing isn’t going to be left behind, because at Nanos, we’re already transforming the landscape to give businesses like yours the maximum ROI from their online campaigns.
As you might have already noticed, not everything is related to the size of your budget for improving digital marketing ROI. There are several factors at play that make a campaign successful and the right budget is just one of them.
Check out some of our client case studies and see how our artificial intelligence-powered online advertising technology can help your online efforts succeed.