7 Simple Ways To Understand If Your Nanos Traffic Campaign Is Working Well | Beginner’s Guide
When you place a campaign on Nanos, our technology optimizes all the important aspects of your campaign for you in real-time.
But still, you’d probably want to know if your traffic campaign is working well. Understanding marketing metrics is an essential step in digital marketing. Here are some things to look out for.
What Is The Goal Of Your Traffic Campaign?
The way marketers understand if a campaign is working is by determining and using KPIs and metrics to evaluate the campaign. If you are not a marketer, you might not be familiar with marketing metrics, but there are still ways to understand if your campaign is working well.
This is easily done with Nanos, as we present the data visually on our dashboard.
First, make sure to understand exactly what your goal is with the campaign. Do you want to lead more people to your blog or to a specific page on your website? Do you want people to sign up for your newsletter or do you want them to buy something on your e-store?
In all cases, your ad will lead potential customers to a landing page that you define. This is why having a good landing page is key to creating a successful ad campaign. Make sure to have a look at our article to know what you should have prior to launching your first traffic campaign.
How To Know If Your Traffic Campaign Is Working Well
After clarifying your goal, you need to look at numbers before and after your campaign, in order to understand if your campaign is working.
Here are some easy ways to see if your campaign is working well:
- The CTR is the most important indicator for whether your traffic campaign is working or not. CTR stands for Click-Through-Rate. It’s the number of people who clicked on your ad, divided by the number of impressions. The higher it is, the better your ad is resonating with the audience.
- Impressions is the number of times your ad has been displayed. This is interesting to consider. Increasing shares and choosing the right keywords and interests can all affect your impressions. While impressions are interesting to look at, ultimately, it’s important that your ad is shown to the right people that are interested in your product. Luckily, Nanos works so all metrics are constantly optimized for you, so that your ad is shown to the right audience.
- Number of clicks: This is the number of clicks your ad campaign has gotten and you can see it in the Nanos dashboard. First of all this indicates how interesting your ad appears to be and it’s a really easy one to understand. Focus on choosing a great image and text for your ad, which will make people want to click on it to find out more.
If you are placing a campaign with Nanos, you will be able to see those metrics on our Nanos dashboard. There you will have a real-time overview of your campaign’s performance, including the breakdown of specific keywords.
Using Google Analytics To Further Analyse Your Traffic Campaign
As your traffic campaign’s goal is to bring traffic to a chosen landing page, it’s always good to set up Google Analytics to be able to have an overview of what is working and what isn’t. Some good indicators of your campaign performing well, that you can see in Google Analytics, are:
- Your overall traffic. Make sure to have a look at your traffic before, during, and after the campaign has ended. Measuring the number of people that go to the chosen landing page indicates that your campaign is indeed contributing to traffic.
- Avg. time spent on your site: The amount of time that people spend on your landing page indicates how engaging and interesting your content actually is. It’s one thing to click on the ad and be led to your website. It’s another to actively read and look for information on your website.
- Bounce rate is the percentage of website visitors who leave your site without taking any actions. If your bounce rate is very high (>95%) it most likely means that users are not very interested in your content or they can’t find what they are looking for. This is why it’s important to have a clear and concise landing page. Only if your landing page is a single page is a high bounce rate acceptable.
- Number of pages visited: If users are interested they will browse the website. If it’s an e-commerce store they will go through products. This is why looking at the number of pages that users visited is a good indicator of whether your page and product are interesting to them.
Test and Compare Your Traffic Campaign Creatives
Marketing is about testing what works and what doesn’t. Let’s say you run two different advertising campaigns at two different times. By testing different versions of an ad, you can find what works best for your company.
You can test your ad creatives, such as images and text, as well as your call-to-action, keywords, and interests. You can test multiple variables of your campaign, including the best platforms to run your ad.
Even if you don’t have a big budget to spend on marketing, be sure to analyze and compare the data. Nanos tests multiple variables of your campaign, such as platform, keywords, interests, bids, and time. Thanks to our machine learning technology, your campaign is tested from day one. It doesn’t matter if your budget is big or small.
How does Nanos do that? It leverages data from previous similar campaigns while also collecting and analyzing data from your specific campaign and optimizing it in real-time. More important than your budget is the period of time your campaign is running. The longer the campaign, the more data. And the more data, the better results from testing and optimizing.